Thursday, April 13, 2006

And the Winner Is...

What a great showing of artistic talent! Thank you everyone that sent in designs. I have to admit that this Brian Palmer design was very tempting.



Something about a picture of me the size of a barn seems very threatening, if not completely distracting. I just find it hard to believe that C.B. or anyone else would be able to concentrate with Scott flying the "Tim Chute", bearing down on them.

Andréa, however, brought me back to earth. As much as she would enjoy a picture of me the size of a barn floating around the Bay, she said it just wouldn't be right. So...

I took ideas from each of you to come up with the design below and I'm shipping it off to Chuck O'Malley at Doyle today.



I call it "LinGin: The Rocket". I didn't want people to say, "here comes the Effiel Tower", and while, "look at Darth Vader" sounds kinda cool, I thought, "LOOK OUT! Here comes THE ROCKET!" was best. What do you think? Does it look fast? (Lie if you can't say something positive.)

Also, get this, Chuck said he plans to have the sail ready for the 2nd WNR and he'll be along for the ride to coach us on it and the jib. So mark your calendars for April 26th, and be prepared to go fast!

--Tim

1 comment:

J Bergquist said...

Did you get CB to give you his kite so that you can have the sailmaker measure and compare? I would be happy to loan you my kite if you want to measure that one. Heck I would be interested to know what the differences in measurements are between my kite and CB's. Let me know if you want to borrow my kite. It's just sitting in my basement languishing...